July ‘Out of the Blue’ Sizzles with Great MTSU News
Have you seen the July 2014 edition of "Out of the Blue," MTSU's video magazine, yet? It’s hotter than a summer sidewalk with fascinating stories about university people and places, including news of national and state recognition for work by students and faculty.
Check out this month's program, produced with help from Lauren Dickens, a graduate assistant in the Office of News and Media Relations, and hosted by senior Chris Davis, who serves as news director for MTSU's student-run TV station, at
- The annual “Tennessee Guitar Festival” and the virtuosos who share their music with the campus and community.
- New educational exchange and research pacts with five Chinese universities, along with a renewed agreement with the renowned Confucius Institute.
- A unique grant from the Grammy Foundation for the Center for Popular Music to preserve a late professor’s respected research.
- A national award for EMC Productions, a group of electronic media communication students whose high-definition TV work puts Blue Raider fans in the middle of the action at MTSU ball games.
- MTSU’s latest Gilman Scholars, a new honor for student-athlete Ebony Rowe and recognition for a professor’s work with STEM education for girls.
- Summer plans as well as fall semester exhibits for MTSU’s Todd Art Gallery, and more!
You can watch "Out of the Blue" online anytime at "Out of the Blue" also is available on other cable outlets in Middle Tennessee, so check local listings to watch and enjoy the show. Visit and bookmark the “Out of the Blue” online archives, too, at http://www.youtube.com/user/MTSUOutOfTheBlue.
"Out of the Blue" also is available on other cable outlets in Middle Tennessee, so check local listings to watch and enjoy the show.
Visit and bookmark the “Out of the Blue” online archives, too, at http://www.youtube.com/user/MTSUOutOfTheBlue.