MTSU Traffic Advisory for TSSAA High School Basketball Tournament
Middle Tennessee State University will host the TSSAA High School Basketball Tournament on March 14-17. The tournament will cause several changes in parking and traffic patterns on the MTSU campus:
· The Greenland Drive parking lot will be reserved for TSSAA ticket holders and there will be a $5 charge to park in that lot. Students and faculty who use the Greenland Drive lot are encouraged to find alternative parking around campus during this busy time.
· MTSU’s East Main Street and Rutherford Boulevard entrances will be the most convenient campus entry points during the tournament.
· Team buses will be parked along the east side of Middle Tennessee Boulevard. This will cause traffic heading north of Middle Tennessee Boulevard to narrow to a single lane. Also, the Faulkinberry Drive entrance from Middle Tennessee Boulevard will be closedMarch 14-17. Faulkinberry Drive will also be closed at Normal Way.
· New this year:The Champions Way entrance from Greenland Drive will be closed March 14 through midday March 16. All eastbound traffic on Greenland Drive will be directed to Rutherford Boulevard to seek parking in both the large gravel and paved lots. Campus traffic will still be allowed to exit campus via Champion Way to Greenland Drive.
· The Raider Xpress Shuttle Service will run its normal schedule during TSSAA tournaments, with the exception of the Green Route. The Green Route will be reversed and will not service Greenland Dr. Parking Lot. The route will service the lots along Crestland Dr. as normal. The route will re-enter campus behind the JUB and make its way up Old Main by Peck Hall and KOM. The route will then take a right on Faulkinberry Dr. and head out of campus via Champion Way back to Greenland Dr.
All other scheduled events during this time will be allowed to park (first come, first serve) in any of the non-pay lots based on availability.
Please be advised that various construction projects are taking place on the MTSU campus. Also take under advisement that these projects could potentially cause/create traffic delays. With the expected increase in traffic, please allow for extra time to reach your destination. The traffic plan is designed to maximize the use of the perimeter lots and support Raider Xpress efficiency.
The TSSAA Tournaments attract thousands of prospective students, their families, alumni and other University supporters on campus for these high school events. We appreciate your cooperation and assistance in helping to make our visitors feel welcomed on campus.