Murf. Police: Man hospitalized with burns from meth lab fire

Oct 2, 2017

Damage police believe was caused by a meth lab fire at motel on Church Street Sunday.
Credit MPD
  MURFREESBORO, Tenn. (AP) — A man burned in a hotel room fire that police say was related to a meth lab has been hospitalized.

News outlets report that Murfreesboro police spokesman Kyle Evans said in a press release that officer responding to a medical call behind a convenience store Sunday morning found the burned man in his underwear. The man was taken to the burn center at Vanderbilt University Medical Center.

Investigators found signs of a meth lab and fire at the man's room at America's Best Value Inn. Evans says detectives and lab technicians cleared the room of dangerous materials and quarantined adjacent rooms.

The Tennessee Methamphetamine and Pharmaceutical Task force was on the scene.

The man's identity hasn't been released. His condition is unknown. It's not clear if he will face charges.