COLUMBIA, Tenn. (AP) — A Tennessee prosecutor has decided not to pursue terrorism charges against a Tennessee man who wrote on Facebook last year that he felt like going on a rampage like the one at a school in Newtown, Conn.
Prosecutor Kyle Dodd told The Daily Herald (http://bit.ly/1cbcDAv) that he didn't feel like there was enough evidence to move forward with the case against 20-year-old Shawn Lenz.
Lenz was arrested on Dec. 16, 2012, two days after the school shooting in which 20 first graders and six adults were killed.
Dodd said on Tuesday that he decided to retire the case for the next year, which means the charges won't be actively pursued unless it is reactivated for some reason. If that doesn't happen, the case will be dismissed on Dec. 17, 2014.